Pages

About For Beginners:

For Beginners® is a documentary, graphic, nonfiction book series. With subjects ranging from philosophy to politics, art, and beyond, the For Beginners® series covers a range of familiar concepts in a humorous comic-book style, and takes a readily comprehensible approach that’s respectful of the intelligence of its audience.

Share

ShareThis

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Existentialist Books Parody


The Spoof! just ran a fun “review” that mentions Existentialism for Beginners. The author describes reading through a collection of existential books recently inherited from his grandfather, including gems like Something for Nothing—three hundred blank pages.

Existentialism for Beginners should have been the first book I read, for it alerted me to the pitfalls of reading the other books. However, upon completing it, I no longer had any of the books. And I'd never had a grandfather. Indeed, I am the only person in the world, and the rest of you exist solely in my memory. Sorry to have to tell you this way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment